Sunday, June 22, 2014

Check out my new Mandala Project:
The Universal Mandala Project


This project combines the universal symbolism of the mandala with a creative way to represent the novel that your students are working on. 
The mandala in this project is divided into ten sections, but mandalas are often divided into eight or four. You can change your divisions to fit your project. Just keep it symmetrical (an even number). I’ve left the project as a word document so that you can alter it to fit your class.

In the same way that the symbol of the mandala is universal, this project is universally applicable to any text. I used it with The Seven Habits of a Highly Effective Teen by: Sean Covey, but it would also work with the hero’s journey in The Odyssey, the parts of the plot in “The Most Dangerous Game”, or the sequence of events in “Casey at the Bat”. The Mandala is the circle of life with a beginning and an end—all pieces of literature have this. 
I’ve included some pictures from our class project, and I would love for you to post some of your mandalas on my blog: http://thecrazyenglishteacher.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment